Thursday, September 7, 2023

Tues Sept 5: Charlevoix to Traverse City

We’ve had quite a debate about going to Traverse City. It’s a good 3-hour detour down Grand Traverse Bay. But I wanted to see it, the weather was good— and, we have nothing else to do! So we got up with the sun…



 On the way out of town we passed a couple more of the Earl Young houses that we couldn’t see yesterday as they are in a gated community.

Yup-that looks like the rock work and roof type we recognize, now that we are experts an all. 

 

Their boat is bigger then their house.

 
We had friends on the water ahead of us.  Look what a nice day it was for cruising!

 


Rick let me get a little nap in, and then we arrived at the Duncan Clinch Marina in Traverse City.  This is the largest city we have been in this year, and I didn’t have much of a plan-other then a bike ride to see the ‘largest cherry pie pan in the world’.  Michigan is all about cherries.  There is even a chain store, Republic of Cherry, in every tourist town that is ALL cherries: salsa, candy, BBQ sauce, etc.


Here we are - it was HOT!  We stayed inside for the afternoon, and then took a quick walk.


And then it was revealed to me why we had come to TC. My mom called to let me me know my poppa is in the final days of hospice and it’s time to get back to Boulder.  This was exactly the scenario we expected, and planned for-just happening more quickly then anticipated. This is the first time this boating year we have been near a major airport, so we are grateful this worked out. Rick will solo the boat for a few days, then friends will help and he will end up in Chicago.  

I’m afraid you will have to do without my sparkling commentary-Rick may be too busy to blog.  If you can imagine such a thing.  

Goodnight.



Until I’m back for the sequel.  
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You lost me at cherry salsa. Trying to wrap my head around how that would be with multigrain tortilla chips...

    ReplyDelete