Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Sun Sept 10: Frankfort to Pentwater

It was a cool but still morning and the Frankfort waterfront was beautiful with steam/fog rising off the water.  Not sure if you

 
It was completely calm and I was able to let go the lines and back out of the slip without assistance.   Coming down the lake I passed multiple lighthouses….


 
As mentioned, we are now a herd moving down the lake.  I took a screenshot of the Nebo app (used by Loopers to show where you are and to communicate with other boats).  You can see how many boats are all around Lake Michigan. 



I took a picture out the back of the boat….you can see 3 boats behind me.  We were a group of about 7 boats moving down as a group!  It was a 7 hour trip - the longest so far.

Arriving in Pentwater I motored slowly to my slip.  I radioed the harbor crew to see if I could get some help but as it was Sunday no one responded so I pulled into the slip and tied up by myself!  Now that is single handing! 

It was a really cute little town with little being the operative word.  I walked from one end of main street to the other in a little over 5 minutes.   

The fishing boat charter section of the marina. I’ve never
Seen so many fishing rods in my life!

I couldn’t find the library so I took this picture for Melanie! 
Sorry she missed it. I’m sure she’d like to anchor in Chocolate Cove.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment