Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Mon Sept 11: Pentwater to Grand Haven

Take 2:  I wrote this post but apparently it didn’t save.   Darn…It was a great post, possibly the best I’ve ever written, maybe the best anyone ever wrote.  Oh well, here goes again. 

The forecast was for rain and lots of it, but no wind so basically the whole marina decided to leave at 7 am and head south to either Muskegon or Grand Haven.  My plan was to cruise to Muskegon but since the water was relatively calm I made a change and went all the way to Grand Haven Municipal. 

Used the radar to help with visibility!

Rainy, overcast picture!

I drove from the lower helm station.  The engine noise was a bit loud but I put my noise dampening headphones and it was fine. 

It turns out that Michigan has a huge number of lighthouses!  Here are a few pictures. 




Grand Haven Light House

Melanie mentioned that I would pass her childhood summer camp, Camp Miniwanca, and I gave a salute as I cruised by!



It continued to rain but the water stayed mostly calm.  It was another 7 hour day and I arrived in Grand Haven at about 2 pm.  I had some help as I came into the slip and was tied up shortly there after.  The microwave oven stopped working earlier in the day so I decided to see if I can fix it.  I disassembled it and found that it has a fuse. So you know what comes next…a bike ride to Home Depot (who knew that they have microwave fuses at HD??).   I got a new fuse but no luck.  It still didn’t work.  I ordered a new one for pick-up at Walmart.   

Entrance to Grand Haven - a house that is a light house!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment