Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tues Feb 25 - NSB Day

In which it is Fat Tuesday

Yup, we're sick.  Here is what Rick does when he doesn't feel well: ride his bike 5 miles to a hardware store to return a part he bought last time we were here.  Here is what I do when I'm sick:  drape myself weakly over the furniture and act consumptive. Then I went out and had ice cream while I worked on the blog.  No one has proved that this does not cure the common cold.

We were going to leave today, but no one had the energy and we are on schedule, so stay we did.


Is this just the biggest damn steering wheel you have EVER SEEN on a boat?  Size must really matter...  Even if it is a racing vessel I can't figure out the advantage this diameter would lend.


I got back to the boat to find Rick wielding a drill, and that made me feel faint and feverish so I had to go lie down.  Here is a reinactiment of what I could hear coming from above:
Drill, drill
'Shit'
Drill, drill
'That's not going to work'
More drilling
'Wait, maybe if I....'
Alarming silence
'Ops'

Ops???????????  Yikes.

But when I came up he had installed two reading lights, which we had been sorely missing. I felt better immediately!

My new reading light!


Boat Name of the Day - House Cat.  Get it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment